Carlos ManaloTruck Driver
- February , 2019
SKILLS and CAPABILITIES:
- Forklift driver
- Aircon Technician
- Double Decker Bus
- Articulated Bus
Contact In Case of Emergency
• Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus.
• Operate bus by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
• Drive regular routes on a schedule.
• Announce next destinations.
• Transport passengers on chartered trips or sightseeing tours.
• Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
• Stop frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
• Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
• Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
• Assist disabled passengers.
• Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
• Inspects truck before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
• Reads master bill of lading to determine assignment.
• Helps in fastening of chains or binders to secure load on trailer during transit.
• Loads or unloads, or assists in loading and unloading truck.
• Works as member of three-person team driving tractor with sleeper bunk behind cab.
• Services truck with oil, fuel, and radiator fluid to maintain tractor-trailer.
• Obtains customer's signature or collects payment for services.
• Inventories and inspects goods to be moved.
• Wraps goods using pads, packing paper, and containers, and secures load to trailer wall using straps.
• Gives directions to helper in packing and moving goods to trailer.
• Drives tractor-trailer combination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or materials, usually over long distance.
• Maneuvers truck into loading or unloading position, following signals from loading crew as needed.
• Drives truck to weigh station before and after loading, and along route to document weight and conform to state regulations.
• Maintains driver log according to the company and clients regulations.
● Operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
● Bends and straighten metal by hammering, chipping and grinding it.
● Uses hand torch or furnace to pre-heat work pieces.
● Fits and welds metal parts together.
● Designs and creates templates and fixtures.
● Checks if a work piece meets the specifications by using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
● May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
● May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
• Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several provinces.
• Load and unload cargo.
• Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
• Take orders for new deliveries.
• Drive long distances.
• Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
• Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
• Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
• Follow all applicable traffic laws.
• Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
• Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
• Keep a log of their activities.
• Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
• Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
• Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
• Get goods to client on time.
• Take rest periods during trip.
• Take special precautions while driving.
• Maintain log of trips.