Our client is a privately owned New Zealand company operating 3 modern sawmill in the North Island.
We need applicants who had previos experience in the timber industry in the following roles:
- Sawmill workers-timber processing.
In General, applicants maybe required to do the following duties:
- Operation includes setting the machines for the appropriate product, maintaining the quality of the machined product, maintaining production levels and completing relevant paper work for each product machined.
- Other timber processing and related duties maybe required e.g. machine set up and operation of optimising saw, band saw and gang saw.
- Working as part of close knit professional team, producing quality Timber products primarily for the New Zealand domestic and export market.
Skills and knowledge required:
- sawmill process, timber characteristics, sizes and grade of timber required for different products
- have worked in a manufacturing environment
- safety procedures
- mechanical skills for doing basic maintenance on machinery working knowledge on wood processing tools and equipment
A "MUST" for applicants:
- Be physically fit enough to stand for 11.5 hrs a day while turning, stacking and generally handling timber.
- Willingness to undergo drug test prior to employment and occasional test while employed
- At least 3 years of experience as timber machinist or wood work trades
- Legally entitled to Work in New Zealand